Tuesday 21 June 2016

Traditional Chinese Medicine and Massage (Tui Na) for Sport Injury at International Plaza

I am absolutely blown away by the quality services of this TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) clinic namely "De Ren Tang" located at 2nd Floor of International Plaza.



First of all, I came across this TCM after my client meeting one Friday afternoon at International Plaza to treat my injured leg/knee. I was having my right knee injury as the result of an incident happened before during my regular jogging exercise when I tripped unknowingly into a hole at the pavement where it was undergone for a new bus-stop :-(.  That caused a pain from my right foot up to the knee area. I had no choice but to walk home painfully with a limp.

For the next few days, I have been using ointment to apply and rub my right leg and knee, although with a slight recovery but still with stiffed feeling on my right leg, knee and walking with a limp. I told myself why not seek professional's help since I am covered by Personal Accident (PA) Insurance and I should be able to reimburse the medical expenses.




When I walked into the clinic, I was greeted warmly by the reception who asked me what kind of treatment was required. I told her my condition and she recommended a consultation with Dr Huang. I put down my particular and waited for about 30 minutes as Dr Huang was attending another patient.

Dr Huang was very professional and attentive my need. She adopted (望闻问切) as I later found out. The four traditional methods of diagnosis: Observation (望), Listening (闻), Interrogation (问) and Pulse taking(切).  As She told me that I had over strained causing the ligaments of joint on my right knee. It would help with acupuncture and followed by traditional massage (Tui Na).   She did a few acupuncture basically all around my right leg. There was no pain at all but numbness. After a while I felt the heat circulated at my right leg and I thought this could be the healing process ?.  After 15-20 minutes, Dr Li removed all the needles and asked me to walk a few steps. I immediately felt the stiff disappeared and I was to walk as normal.  Dr Li told me that I should return after 2 days for a complete recovery.

After the acupuncture, I was led to the Tui Na room and a change for clean short trousers.  The massage was performed by the Tui Na Therapist (My Elly).


As instructed by Dr Li, Ms Elly performed Tui Na for my entire body and also focusing on my injured right leg. Throughout the entire session, It was also discovered that there was nerve from my neck to shoulders. As My Elly put it, an occupational injury due to prolong  hours sitting in front of a computer. She did an amazing job to ensure proper treatment on my neck and shoulders as well. The entire session lasted about one hour and I could feel that my entire body was totally relieve.

Never have I believed TCM and Tui Na that could help to heal both sport and occupational injury. If I would to visit Western Medicine, I would probably be given some ointment and muscle relieve medicine. 

As I mentioned earlier I was blown away by the quality service of this Clinic and I could not wait for the next visit for a full recovery.










2 comments:

  1. It sounds like the treatment was quite effective. I like that personal insurance can cover the TCM treatment. Is the Tui Na painful? I am very scared of pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really, Pain is just temporary.

    ReplyDelete